Thursday, September 9, 2010

Roasted Vegetables

Greetings from the land of vikings-
I decided to make this dish last night because I got home late and I was tired. This is the most simple dish I can think of to go with my rice. It consists of ingredients that I have in my fridge waiting for me to be used before they rot.  
The first time I had this dish was at the Red Square, a Russian restaurant/ bar in Baltimore, MD. It came as a side dish of my main course, which I can barely recall ...some chicken breast stuffed with chesee (obviously the side dish outshines the entree). It was the most flavorful roasted vegetables I have ever had! The vegetables were a little charred from the roasting, and developed a nice nutty flavor, and the onions were sweet and tender (totally opened up my pallet!). Before this I had never thought of roasting vegetables, so I tried to re-create this dish myself at home...and voila, this is it! so EASY! Ever since then this dish has been a great hit among us- busy working sisters.

Ingredients: (serves 5)
  • 1 head of broccoli crown
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 1 large onion (sliced)
  • 4 cloves of garlic (miced)
  • 2-3 sticks of carrots (depending on the size)
  • generous amount of salt
  • 1T black pepper
  • 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven at 365F.
- Chop all the vegetables into bite size and toss them together with the salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Roast vegetables for 50 minutes
- Enjoy!
(Note: you can also add bell peppers if you have any)

-Posted by skinny bitch #2

No comments:

Post a Comment