Friday, October 1, 2010

Easy Vegetarian Pasta

Greetings from the Land of Vikings-
In case y'all haven't noticed, most of our recipes have been of vegetarian, not that I am a vegetarian, just that it's easier for busy people like us to prepare, plus, I often forget to thaw my meats. I promise will be posting some meat recipes soon (when the meats are on sale hehhe!)
I made this dish because I realized I haven't used any of my Must Try Slow Roasted Tomatoes slow roasted tomatoes that I made a couple of weeks ago, and this recipe only takes 30' to whip out!

Ingredients (serve 4)

  • 2 T Olive oil
  • 15-20 pieces of slow roasted tomatoes 
  • 1 box of pasta (any kind)
  • 1/2 cup of parsley, roughly chopped
  • 1 t of salt
  • 1 t black pepper
  • 1 jar of artichoke hearts with peppers and olives + save 1/2 cup of the marinade juice (from aldi)
  • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
Direction

Boil pasta with salted water. While boiling the pasta, start heating a skillet with olive oil.

Sautee garlic and red onions until tender, then add the slow roasted tomatatoes. Next, add in the artichoke mixtures until heated. Lastly add in the saved marinade.

Cook pasta until al dente and save 1/2 cups on pasta water. Add pasta into the artichoke sauce and mix until the pasta is fully coated, add the remaining pasta water and mix well.

Lastly add in the chopped parsley.

Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment